Monday 10 June 2013

How can little old me help the millions in poverty? Day 1: Campaigning

I don't know about you, but I always put those who campaign into a slightly crazy sect whose voices fall onto deaf ears. Recently however, I have discovered that, if one chooses the correct time to try and make your voice heard (ie, at a relevant time and with many others) success can be achieved. 

Last Saturday, the IF Campaign (a campaign for better distribution of food) held a MASSIVE event called the BigIF - organised just before the G8 meeting where countries come together to discuss world issues. This was my first ever and it was daunting at first...until I arrived at Hyde Park to 45,000 people with a party-like atmosphere and celebrities such as Bill Gates adding their support. 

The feeling of togetherness for a single very important cause was strong and I cannot recommend it enough. David Cameron responded to this rally and I really felt like I was apart of something that could make a difference. 
Hyde Park for the BigIF
Thanks for reading!

JP the campaigner


£1.50 flip-flops! at www.fashionmadesimple.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment